2BR HUGE Apt in a REAL Thai Neighborhood
2BR HUGE Apt in a REAL Thai Neighborhood
Bangkok, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Thailand(6)
- Entire Home
- 6 guests
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 beds
- 2 bathrooms
2 big bedrooms with each a private bath. Huge living space and decent kitchen. Plenty of dishware and cookware if you want to cook.
Walk to Silom via Convent Road. Chong Nonsi & Saladaeng BTS stations is 1 km away. Lumpini MRT same.
Weekly and monthly rate is available. Please do not hesitate to inquire.
A huge apartment with 2 BR and 2 bathrooms. If you need an extra bedroom we can add on a studio on the 3rd floor.
A huge sofa that fills the living area with an open kitchen concept. The windows are floor-to-ceiling around the entire apartment. Lots of light and views with curtains for privacy.
Suan Plu is teeming with local culture - street food etc
- Chic industrial floors and clean wall tones
- Furnished with decorations
- 2 En-suite bedroom, each about 50 square meters huge
- View of the brick castle next door from the BR
- Simple kitchen with stylish glassware, rice cooker,microwave (stove on order)
- Large living area with a 8-person sofa
- Balcony all around half the apartment
- View of Sathorn skyline
- Pool nearby at a small apartment for 90 baht entry
- 5th floor walk-up, so work the glutes
The whoooooole great big apartment.
Don't use my clothes in the white bedroom drawers (they may not be your style anyway...), or exchange the towels/sheets. Thanks.
Interaction with Guests
We happily meet you generally 2 hours after your landing time at the residence to give an orientation to the apartment and the neighborhood.
We can provide directions and assistance with communicating as needed; restaurant recommendations and party scene, as required. Working on the weekdays and sometimes on the weekends but always available by phone or (website hidden)/texting.
A nice walk to Silom. Or a quick taxi ride.
This place is not an expat ghetto. This place is at the end of a lane and is fairly quiet except for the locals who chat and play in front of their homes. During the day you may hear workers fixing their tuk-tuks or related passing traffic. Not much at all.
- Walk to the BTS skytrain or MRT is 15-30 minutes depending on how fast you walk - OR a 5 minute motorcycle taxi ride
- Very close to Silom shopping and night life - a short taxi ride. Siam Square, Paragon, MBK, Central World. All close.
It's a real Thai bustling neighborhood with a fresh market and tons of delicious food options.
Inside open air dining
Here are some nearby food attractions:
Uncle John's - not to be missed!
A wonderful french/thai restaurant run by a well-known Sukothai Hotel chef who started his own thing. 5-star cuisine in a modest setting.
Recommend walking INTO Suan Plu to find a bunch of great restaurants on the interior road before reaching Nang Linchee.
- All Thai street food dotted along the road.
- A sit-in Vietnamese restaurant, past the police station and post office.
- An Italian restaurant.
- A high-end Thai restaurant, Baan Kannitha is at the beginning of the soi on Sathorn.
- A place called Secret Garden after Baan Kannitha. These are places where hi-so Thai couples and families dine.
- a Thai/foreigner mixed local bar, with Thai food, across from Suan Plu Soi 6.
- Junker and Bar. Great mixed drinks and some good western dishes.
- Good and cheap massage at Le Spa. Suan Plu Soi 8.
For a night out, Cloud47 is a great new roof-top bar and restaurant - just a quick ride away at United Building. Or for a higher end, go to Red or Le Bua. There are lots.
Ask about the unseen park nearby, with a gorgeous library, free wifi and work space.
This area is just off Sathorn Road. A short walk to Saladaeng BTS or Silom MRT. Or use motorcycle taxi for 30 baht. There are also red truck taxis for 7 baht. Taxis are cheap and plentiful in this 'hood.
Other things to note
The artwork in the large bedroom is in memory of long-time Bangkok-based designer Peter Tiong, from whose collection it was given to me.
If staying longer than a week, electricity will be charged based on monthly bill and sent on ------- Resolutions.
Large American Size Fridge
Please take in the stools or other furniture from the balcony if it's going to rain.
There is a washing machine. But as laundry is cheap to do in Thailand, you can go see the blue laundry shop just to the left when you exit the door. Or inside the market there is a laundry shop on the corner I use.
**Emergency phone numbers**
Medical - 1554
Fire - 199
Police - 1155
- Smoking Allowed
- Wireless Internet
- Air Conditioning
- Family/Kid Friendly
|Cleaning Fee||USD 49 (per stay)|
|Additional Guests||USD 10 (after 4 guests)|
|Security Deposit||USD 99
This amount will be collected by your Host upon check in and returned upon checkout to protect against damages or missing items. Learn more
50% refund 7 days before check-in (except for travelmob service fee)
No parties or events
Check-in is after 2PM
- This is a family residence. Please no loud noise or music after 10pm. Plenty of bars just down the street or over at Silom.
- Electricity will be charged at cost (7 Baht) of actual usage for over 6 nights reservation. It's how we keep prices low and you only pay for what you use.
- Please refer to the terms about having more guests than that which you reserved the residence.
- Children under 5 stay free of charge when using existing beds.
- If coming home from a night on the town, quietly make your way to the unit.
- Please turn off the air conditioning while you are out of the room. Do not leave it on hoping to return to a super-cooled room - it breaks the bank and the environment!
- Please take off shoes at the door to reduce dust and dirt.
- Smoking outside on the balcony please.
- Check-ins between 11pm to 7am, please tip your host 500 Baht, or more if it's 1-6am.
- Please be aware that a lost key or key card may have a replacement fee of up to $150.
|Check In||2:00 PM|
|Check Out||12:00 PM|
|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
|Maximum Stay||180 nights|
If you’re looking for a base to go and see the sights of Bangkok, this is a really good one.
Just need to highlight to host, to prepare more bedquilt as the aircon is cold and my dad have no extra bedquilt. This have given a bad experience to my dad.
Overall, this is valueable. Will definitely stay again.
Location worked out fine for us, just down the street it was very easy to hail a cab & the BTS (?) was only about a 10-15 minute walk from the apartment.
Gemma & Mark were easy to contact when needed. Gemma met us at the apartment and made sure we were all settled in.
Overall a great experience, would definitely recommend.